Cyber Security Intelligence and Analytics
EURASIP Journal on Information Security welcomes submissions to the special issue on Cyber Security Intelligence and Analytics.
In today’s Internet-connected world where technologies underpin almost every facet of our society, cyber security and forensics specialists are increasingly dealing with wide ranging cyber threats in almost real-time conditions. The capability to detect, analyze and defend against such threats in near real-time conditions is not possible without employment of threat intelligence, big data and machine learning techniques. For example, when a significant amount of data is collected from or generated by different security monitoring solutions, intelligent and next generation big-data analytical techniques are necessary to mine, interpret and extract knowledge of these unstructured/structured (big) data. Thus, this gives rise to cyber threat intelligence and analytics solutions, such as big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, to perceive, reason, learn and act against cyber adversaries tactics, techniques and procedures.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Detection and analysis of advanced threat actors tactics, techniques and procedures
- Analytics techniques for detection and analysis of cyber threats
- Application of machine learning tools and techniques in cyber threat intelligence
- Theories and models for detection and analysis of advanced persistent threats
- Automated and smart tools for collection, preservation and analysis of digital evidences
- Threat intelligence techniques for constructing, detecting, and reacting to advanced intrusion campaigns
- Applying machines learning tools and techniques for malware analysis and fighting against cyber crimes
- Intelligent forensics tools, techniques and procedures for cloud, mobile and data-centre forensics
- Intelligent analysis of different types of data collected from different layers of network security solutions
- Threat intelligence in cyber security domain utilising big data solutions such as Hadoop
- Intelligent methods to manage, share, and receive logs and data relevant to variety of adversary groups
- Interpretation of cyber threat and forensic data utilising intelligent data analysis techniques
- Infer intelligence of existing cyber security data generated by different monitoring and defense solutions
- Automated and intelligent methods for adversary profiling
- Automated integration of analysed data within incident response and cyber forensics capabilities
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Information Security. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Information Security submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct speical issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on Cyber Security Intelligence and Analytics. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 31 June, 2018
Lead Guest Editor
Zheng Xu, TRIMPS & Tsinghua University, China
Yong Ding, Guilin University of Electronic Technology, China
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Information Security - including articles published in this special issue!
2017 Journal Metrics
Funding your APC
- ISSN: 2510-523X