Special Issue on Cybersecurity: Trends, Issues, and Challenges
EURASIP Journal on Information Security welcomes submissions to the special issue on Cybersecurity: Trends, Issues, and Challenges.
Societies in today’s world are becoming more and more dependent on open networks such as Internet where commercial activities, business transactions and government services are realized. This has led to the fast development of new cyber threats and information security issues which are utilized by cyber criminals. Mistrust for communication and computer network technologies have tremendous socio-economic impacts on global enterprises as well as individuals. Moreover, the occurrence of international frauds often requires the investigation of facts that occur across international borders. They are also often subject to different jurisdictions and legal systems. The increased complexity of the communication and networking infrastructure is making preventing of cyber crimes difficult therefore new approaches to ensure cybersecurity are desired.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Cyber-crime science
- New approaches for cyber crime detection/prevention
- Information and network security
- Network traffic analysis and modelling for cyber-crime science
- Digital forensics Information hiding solutions (steganography, watermarking) for network traffic Criminal use of information hiding IoT security solutions SDN security 5G network security
- Network attacks & anomalies detection and prevention
- Protocols, systems, computer and security
- Steganography/steganalysis and covert/subliminal channels
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) based or game theory techniques for cyber-crimes detection
- Security architectures
- New approaches to cybersecurity e.g. nature- or bio-inspired cybersecurity
- Moving Target Defense (MTD) techniques
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Information Security. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Information Security submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct speical issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on Cybersecurity: Trends, Issues, and Challenges. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 20 November 2017
Lead Guest Editor
Krzysztof Cabaj, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
Wojciech Mazurczyk, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
Zbigniew Kotulski, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
Bogdan Księżopolski, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Information Security - including articles published in this special issue!